Sunday, October 13, 2013

Spring Cleaning Polka Dots


These three works are inspired by a lovely friend of mine who just loves to clean in her polka dot bikini...an image I couldn't resist bringing to life in thread and fabric.

Spotless 3, thread & fabric, 61 x 51cm

I really wanted to emphasise the floor as my friend particularly likes to clean her floor. The fabric came from another friend who designed it herself for making a beautiful range of bags and wallets. She had some scraps left over and as always I am eternally grateful for lovely fabric leftovers to refashion into my life drawing textile pieces.

Spotless 2, thread & fabric, 61 x 51cm

Spotless 3, thread & fabric, 61 x 51cm
These artworks are currently exhibited along with my other new works at Manyung Gallery, Mount Eliza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment