Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy Tidy Threads

When I am in the middle of an intense period of work my studio space reaches a crescendo of chaos! Clutter and mess is everywhere -  fabric scraps, threads, papers, drawings, drawing materials, empty coffee cups...whatever might have passed through my hands in the weeks and months that I have been busy creating, the debris remains. But the funny thing is that when I am in that state I don't mind at all. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that it is a necessary element to my personal creative process. As soon as the work is over, however,  I HAVE to tidy! I have to declutter, clear, sweep, discard, clean the decks and have the room as neat as a pin ASAP so that I can start the whole process all over again!
 
A small corner of my currently tidy workspace - happy tidy threads!
 
 
 

1 comment: